- 2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (or to taste, I use lots)
- 1 yellow onion chopped coursely
- 2 cans or kidney or chili beans
- 2 cans of stewed chopped tomatoes
- 1 package of chili seasoning for 2lbs of meat
Brown your meat in a skillet on the stove until fully cooked, drain off fat, add meat to crockpot. Add bell peppers, onion, garlic, beans and tomatoes to the crockpot. Add the chili seasoning and lightly mix, do not mix too much. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, for best flavor low setting is recommended.
For our family this chili will serve 3 of us and still have enough leftovers for my husband to have lunches for the rest of the week. It gets more flavorful daily and reheats well. I serve this with my gluten free honey cornbread and it’s amazing!